(Updated May 30, 2021)
1. Information you create or provide to GEHT Marketplace
We may gather and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.gehtmarketplace.com.
This includes a valid email at the time of registering with the GEHT Marketplace website. Depending on the services you choose, we may collect additional information such as information in our Chat tool, billing and payment information, telephone and/or fax numbers, and a company name and delivery address. We may also ask you for information when you report a non-conformity to us.
We offer a secure wire transfer (sometimes referred to as a bank to bank or t/t) payment method. We collect the payment details shared by a seller to execute the payment. We only forward information to our payment service provider which is necessary for processing payment.
Payment details include
* Bank name and address
* Bank IBAN, BIC and sort code
* Account number
GEHT International Ltd, Bank of East Asia Harbour View Centre, 56 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, China PR Hong Kong, is responsible for executing payments, performing credit checks and managing claims in connection to purchases from the GEHT Marketplace.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
2. Why GEHT Marketplace collects data
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- We use the data we collect to improve our services.
- Depending on your settings, we use information we collect, like your email address, to interact with you directly. For example, we may show you personalized statistical data about your product listing page, like number of products on sale, number of listing visitors, number of quotes issued and number of purchases.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about GEHT Marketplace services that may be of interest to you. We may contact you about these services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
Cookies are small text files that are used by our website to make your user experience more efficient.
To learn more about cookies, including what they are, how they work and how to block them or delete them, please visit www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The following information describes the cookies that GEHT Marketplace currently uses on this site and what we use them for:
Persistent Cookies (Google Analytics)
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, providing us with reports regarding the use of our site and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
On many pages of our site you will see ‘social buttons’. These enable users to share or bookmark the web pages. There are buttons for: Twitter, Facebook ‘Like’, and LinkedIn ‘Share’. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of GEHT Marketplace. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on GEHT Marketplace’s site.
So if you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering that action and may use that information. In some cases, if you are logged into sites like Google and Facebook, these sites will register the fact that you are visiting SSLPost and the specific pages you are on, even if you don’t click on any buttons. You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out or delete, such information.
If you are happy to use our site now that you know what cookies we use and what we use them for, please click the ‘Accept Cookies’ button in the toolbar below.
If you are not happy, then you have the following options available to you:
- Click the ‘Decline’ button in the toolbar below to stop the Google Analytics tracking.
- Browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting which is called ‘Incognito’ in Chrome, ‘InPrivate’ for Internet Explorer or ‘Private Browsing’ in Firefox and Safari.
- Not use this site and delete all GEHT Marketplace cookies from your chosen Internet browser. To delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to www.aboutcookies.org/ for detailed guidance regarding your chosen browser. You will need to search in your cookie folders for ‘‘www.gehtmarketplace.com’ to find our cookies if you wish to perform a deletion.
PLEASE NOTE that not accepting the below cookies will harm our business as we will no longer be able to track visits to our website, see what the most popular pages are or what Internet enabled devices are viewing our website.
4. Data security
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, unauthorised access, use, misuse, disclosure or alteration of your information.
- We will store all the information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers in a world class datacenter that complies to the highest industry standards of both physical and digital security.
- In addition to keeping data secure, regular secure data backups are performed to cope with any need to restore data from the past. Data backups reside in a geographically different place.
- All information between your computer and the website is transmitted via secure channels. However, we cannot control what happens to the information in your computer and thus are not responsible of you using a secure web browser and other secure measures.
- Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- GEHT Marketplace website is built on top of secure and proven technologies. The website is regularly checked and confirmed to be secure to prevent any attempt to access our customers’ data.
5. Disclosure of your information and retention
- We may disclose your information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- As part of sales transactions occurring on our site, we may engage third party companies and individuals, such as payment processors and security providers, to help us to provide our services to you. They have limited access to your information and they only perform these tasks on our behalf and are not allowed to disclose or use your information for other purposes.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or If GEHT International Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- We retain your account and chat messaging information as long as it is needed for our operations. In addition, we may retain information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, collect any unpaid service or banking fees, troubleshoot problems, help with any investigation related to, for example, potentially illegal activities, security breaches or fraud.
6. Your Rights
- You have the right to ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
- You may review and change your information in your account settings (except your user name), and it is also possible to remove certain optional information.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners’ networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites.
7. Access to Information
You may request to access information we hold about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. It may not always be possible to provide all or the part of the information about you in our databases, although we will make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request. We are not require to state any reason and will not bear any liability if we do not honour a request to access information we hold about you.